What we wear on our feet says a lot about our personality. I often heard people saying that when they look at people’s clothes. They will judge that person’s personality. But according to the many of the population. First, you look at the person’s shoes and then clothes. So I am trying to say that shoes play a very important part of a person’s life. Shoes are a very great way to express your personality, but we can’t forget why we wear shoes in the first place.
Best Shoes for Scoliosis
Shoes exist to protect our feet. They also play a very important part of improving our balance and posture. Posture improvement is such a big part of living with Scoliosis. It is very important to select shoes that are best for your body. You have to think of your health first. But if you want shoes which are comfortable and easy to manage and also suit your personality then keep reading this article.
First of all, we are going to talk about scoliosis. Scoliosis is a medical disease in which a person’s spine has a side curve. Scoliosis is an abnormality of the curative. The normal shape of the person’s backbone includes a curve at the top of the shoulder and a curve at the lower back. Scoliosis is a sideways curve in your spine or backbone.
The angle of the curvature may be short, long, or in between. But anything that covers more than 10 degrees on an X-ray is recognized as Scoliosis. When Scoliosis is present in your body, you will see a sideways displacement of the spine to the right or left.
During this disease, a person’s spine can take the shape of ”c” or ”s”. This disease affects more adults than children. But it is a common disease. Many people are unaware of this. Mild scoliosis does not cause any problems in a person’s life. But severe cases of scoliosis can cause difficulties.
The cause behind this sickness is unknown but it believes that it may be caused by genetics or environmental factors. As i mentioned many people are unaware because only 2 or 3 percent of the population are affected by this illness. Scoliosis can develop in the body as early as childhood. But it seems to develop between around 20 to 30 years in many cases. According to some studies, people above 70 years may have scoliosis. That’s why it is more common among adults. Women are more affected by this than men.
Signs and Symptoms of Scoliosis
If you have this illness. You might lean a little bit when you stand. Other signs and symptoms of Scoliosis may include.
- Shoulders, a waist, or hips that may look irregular.
- A prominent curve in your back.
- The one-shoulder blade looks higher than the other.
- Lower back pain.
- Neck stiffness.
- One hip larger than the other.
- Pain and numbness in your legs.
- Pain due to muscle stress.
Causes of Scoliosis
This can be caused by a different number of reasons. But the most common cause of Scoliosis is idiopathic, which means ”unknown cause” According to a scientist, Idiopathic Scoliosis is a generic condition. A test has been developed to discover the risk of a rise of scoliosis meaning that whether the curve is growing. With this test, doctors will help the patient from an early-stage and tried to found a cure for this illness.
Why Scoliosis occurs in the Elder people?
Scoliosis occurs in elder people because of three major reasons
. 1. One of the reasons is very obvious that the person has Scoliosis since childhood and the condition continues to exist post skeletal adulthood. There are two other main reasons for Scoliosis in old age.
- Degeneration Scoliosis usually occurs due to the loss of calcium in the majority of adults which leads to weak bone tissue. This is also described as adult-onset scoliosis.
- Third and the final reason is that Scoliosis may occur due to some accident, physical trauma, or a very severe injury which is also known as a traumatic scoliosis.
Can a Person Walk or Run with Scoliosis?
Scoliosis can seriously affect your day-to-day activates. This disease can stop you from performing activates like walking, running, power lifting, dancing, and exercise. In severe cases, it may cause complete blindness. However, even If your case is not severe one but a mild one. But it can still disturb you from performing your activities at your full potential.
A mild or little bit of walking is fine, but long-distance jogging or intense running can worsen your Scoliosis. During these activities, your backbone experiences condensation which is not good if you are a Scoliosis patient. It is highly recommended that first consult to the physician before starting any type of activities.
What type of shoes can you wear with Scoliosis?
What to avoid?
If you are suffering from this disease then it is highly advised that you should avoid shoes that have high heels or which are absolutely flat. This can cause more pain.
What to wear?
If you have Scoliosis then you should wear shoes that have ample cushioning, good arch support, and a small heel, probably at an inch and a half and slightly raise than the forefoot. This will cause no pain.
What to look for in a Sneaker if you have Scoliosis?
- If you are struggling with Scoliosis then you should wear sneakers that are very comfortable because if you wear any short or tight sneakers that will cause more pain. It is highly recommended that if a person is suffering from this illness. He should wear shoes which are one or half bigger in size so that their toes are not altogether. There are sneakers in the market which have a broader forefoot part, for every foot size, you can try these sneakers so your foot can feel comfortable all day long.
- People’s foot arch shape lies different from person to person. They are usually characterized by length, assorted between flat, low, and high arches. Person with Scoliosis always look for shoes with arch comfort and also avoid very flat shoes. The support which is provided by the arch comfort will help prevent compression of the lower spine. This will also help to avoid extra weight being shifted to the toes or the outer curve of your feet.
- It is very important for a person with this disease to always look for a shoe with a balanced sole. This will help with the pain. Often very people underestimate this fact. While buying shoes for a person with Scoliosis, it is very important to keep in mind that sole balance is the right key.
- . According to some people, shoelaces are not very important but according to some studies. The way you tie your laces apparently can impact your body. Shoelaces are very essential in adjusting a shoe to your unique foot so always keep in mind that shoelaces also plays a very significant role. It is best to lace your shoes together completely and nicely to increase balance and reduce the load on your foot.
- It came to a notice that it is more convenient and manageable to wear slightly raised sneakers if you are suffering from Scoliosis.
Shoes for both Women and Men who are struggling with Scoliosis
Women are very choosy about everything. When buying shoes a lot of women tried to get a very trendy and fashionable shoe. As compared to Women, Men are not very choosy. But if you are a person who is struggling with this disease then we know shopping can be hard. There are very few styles available in the market. In this article, we will tell you about shoes which are very good looking and very easy to wear. These shoes can cause no pain and it will help you with Scoliosis.
Then the following for scoliosis are good for you without any other without any other option this is a best option :
Number 1 : Men charged running shoe
They are the best for the day are the best sneaker for scoliosis.
They are made up of polyester and elastin round leather on the front holes for laces great life. Sun made for the duration of shock and fore resizing is to build it for running purpose.
2:Men’s lunar fingertrap cross trainer
For the purpose of ventilation the shoes are made up of a good textile and mesh work. Below the lease is there are bands to fit the Dynamics of the shoes
For good gripping the rubber soles are solid and selfies is slippery
The mesh works are interwoven to make the shoes ventilation
In the middle of the shoes they are intertwined bands at the places that help in keeping the feet support full.
It is a good for arch
For making it comfortable there is a good questioning at the heel.
It has big size as compared to the front and hence there is a very large amount of force is used to balance the surface.
3.Vionic Men’s walker
Darshan 1000 made up of leather and has a good textile and it comes in 7 colour of schemes and designs. It has a motion system technology that is helpful in the support of heel and arc of the foot. Snickers are certified by American Podiatric Medical Association.
There is enough questioning on the collars heels and the back of the foot
Long life sole with carbon layer
Available in many customized shapes
On slippery free surface the sole has very less grip
You will feel to order a higher size for comfortability
4:New Balance Women, s 928 V3 walking shoes:
It is available in very large variety from narrow to White shape and it is made up of leather and textile
And it has a rubber sole and carbon upper layer outer layer for long life.
It has a poly urethane insole which can we remove for good fitting and easiness.
It has a double and triple layer of disease for bearing stress and long life Aatish reported and enough questioning on the heel and tendon
Hard-wearing Sole with a layer of carbon rubber. And a bright is of sizes and shapes narrow wide extra large and Ultra large types are available for each foot size.
The shoes has very less ventilation and one might feel exhausted On the floor there are very narrow tools that may cause slippery surfaces.